additive manufacturing for your industry
SOLIDTEQ is a Rheinmetall Group start-up for 3D printing with SLM. From our origins in the Prototyping Department at Rheinmetall subsidiary Pierburg, we bring together comprehensive, intragroup expertise in metal 3D printing. We see ourselves as SLM technology pioneers and a driving force behind this new key additive manufacturing technology.
2012 - 2014
- The first SLM machine (SLM 280) acquired for prototyping and model construction at Pierburg GmbH
- Another 3D printing machine added later in the year. A third SLM machine with quad laser (SLM 500) acquired in 2015
- Participation in the Rheinmetall-wide Intrapreneur Award (IPA), to which Rheinmetall employees could submit ideas for new products and/or business activities.
- Award for one of five winning ideas: Rheinmetall 3D-TechCenter
- Late 2016 spun off as a new company, Rheinmetall 3D-TechCenter GmbH, to open up to the external market environment for 3D printing
- 3 more SLM machines acquired (SLM 500, Twinlaser)
- Rheinmetall 3D-TechCenter GmbH changes company name to SOLIDTEQ GmbH
- SOLIDTEQ GmbH's market debut at formnext 2017
- SOLIDTEQ GmbH's market debut at AMX Luzern 2018
- First small batch series projects for internal and external customers
- Expansion of the team in Sales and Manufacturing
- Recertification to ISO 9001:2015
- Reinforcement of our team in the area of Additive Design
SOLIDTEQ is a Rheinmetall Group start-up. Originating in the Prototyping Department at Rheinmetall subsidiary Pierburg, we bring together comprehensive intragroup expertise in metal 3D printing. We see ourselves as technology pioneers and a driving force behind this new key technology. Using the selective laser melting (SLM) procedure, we simply “print” components from aluminium, steel or nickel powder.
- Latest machines for selective laser melting (3D printers)
- Specialization in metal 3D printing. For companies that want to reduce development times and tool costs for prototypes and small batch series.
- Access to all the parent company's resources
More than just 3D printing
We integrate all phases in the additive manufacturing value chain from an integral perspective – from development to finishing work. This goes hand in hand with our long-term goal of providing the benefits of additive manufacturing not only for rapid prototyping but also for series production.
- Integration of manufacturing steps upstream and downstream of 3D printing
- Consistent process quality, stability and reliability
We will guide and support you throughout the additive manufacturing chain, delivering exceptional SLM solution quality. Flexible, uncomplicated and fast-responding. No matter whether you require iterative prototype development for mass production or design-optimized production of small batch series, individual items or hybrid parts.
- Support for planning and development
- Innovation consultancy
- Support in eliminating design obstacles